I’ve got a break between grad school classes, and I thought I would take the opportunity to get caught up … Continue reading Top 10 Books Stuck on my TBR List
This week topic at The Broke and the Bookish is all about music and books. I’m going with the suggested … Continue reading Top Ten Tuesday: Books that need a Theme Song
This week’s topic on The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR. This should … Continue reading Top Ten Tuesday: Recent TBR Adds
Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday. I’ve tweaked this week’s topic just a bit. The Broke and the … Continue reading Top Ten Tuesday: Fall PNR TBR
This week’s theme for Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie—the blogger gets to choose the topic. I’ve been reading a lot of PNR lately so I wanted something along those lines. I checked out some of the lists on Goodreads and got my idea.
I’m doing a Top Ten of the Best Wolf/ Shifter Books that I’ve read (most of these, if not all, are going to be romance).
Be sure to stop by The Broke and the Bookish…see what others have chosen.
What are your thoughts? Have you read any of these?? (By the way, they are listed in no particular order.)
Top Ten Tuesday Wolf/ Shifter (Romance) Reads
- Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs. Mercy shifts into a coyote in this series. There are also a host of paranormal characters, too.
- Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong. In this series, Elena Michaels is a werewolf.
- Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews. Can’t skip over Curran, the mighty lion shifter!
- Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound #1) by Jennifer Ashley. Liam’s the shifter in this book, and wouldn’t you know I don’t remember his animal?? Someone help me out here, please 🙂 I want to say cats, but I’m not sure.
- How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf #1) by Molly Harper. This was very entertaining, and obviously, the title tells you the kind of shifter. LOL
- Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Creamer. More wolves in this one.
- Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters #1) by Dana Marie Bell. If you guessed bears, you’d be right!
- Crux (Southern Arcana #1) by Moira Rogers. Magic and shifters abound in this one. Great series if you haven’t checked it out.
- The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1) by Gena Showalter. Maddox isn’t technically a shifter, but he is filled with a demon. Hopefully that’s close enough to count!
- Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen #1) by Christina Dodd. Another wolf (I seem to like these!)
- Hotter after Midnight (Midnight #1) by Cynthia Eden. Colin’s a sexy wolf shifter.
- Moonlight (Moon #1) by Lisa Kessler. Adam’s one hot werewolf!
- Hakan/ Severin (Bayou Heat #11-12) by Alexandra Ivy. This whole series is hot…lots of puma shifters!
- Chosen by Fate (Para-Ops #2) by Virna DePaul. This has both vampires, wraiths, and werewolves.
- Claimed by the Wolf (Shadow Guardians #1) by Charlene Teglia. Lots of sups and shifters in this one.
- Megan’s Mark (Breeds #7) by Lora Leigh. Yummy cat shifters.
Time for another Top Ten Tuesday list! Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for sponsoring. Be sure to check … Continue reading Top 10 Authors I’ve Read the Most Books From
It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday list. Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for sponsoring! As always, check … Continue reading Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession
This week’s topic at The Broke and the Bookish is going to require some research. Not a bad thing, though. … Continue reading Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015
This Tuesday’s topic is a good one: the Top Ten Books I’d Love To See As Movies/TV Shows. This will require some thought, though. Also, I’m going to go through my Goodreads list and try to half that would work as movies and have that would work as a TV series.
Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting this feature. *claps hands* You can check out their site here.
What do you think of my list? Agree/ disagree? Some that I missed?
Drum roll, please…..
1. Break Out (Blood Hunter #1) by Nina Croft. Vampires in space. Woot woot! Plus, I want to see the sexy Ricardo Sanchez in person.
2. Collide by Riley Hart. This is a gay-for-you M-M Romance. Would love to see Noah and Cooper’s story on the big screen.
3. Polar Reaction by Claire Thompson. Three hot guys trying to stay entertained while stuck in Antarctica. Yeah, I’d like to see that movie!!
4. Deathless Love by Renee Rose. Vampires and spanking all in one. Perfect for a movie!!
5. Love the Sinner by Avril Ashton. Would love watching a movie about Gabe and Angelo. Would be totally hot! Continue reading “Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Movies or TV Shows”
Ooh, it’s an open topic this week at The Broke and the Bookish. For this week’s list, we, the almighty blogger, get to pick the topic of our list. *rubs hands together* This is going to be fun!
I just sent an author friend a list of questions for an interview. One of those questions is inspiring my Top Ten list this week.
Here goes…If I was shipwrecked on a desert island, what ten books would I want with me? Of course, they will come through the wreck unscathed (no soggy pages or no cracked screen on the e-reader!).
Would any of these books make your desert island list? Let me know in the comments!
1. Zero to the Bone by Jane Seville. For some reason, this is one of my top M-M reads. I love the characters, the author’s writing style, and the plot. Not to mention the fact, I have an autographed copy of one of the cover designs. Oh, and it doesn’t hurt that the town where I live is mentioned in the book. Very cool! (M-M Romance)
2. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward. Even after reading all the BDB books to date (with the exception of The Shadows), her first book in the series is still my favorite. I have it in paperback, and it is nicely crumpled and wrinkled from the number of times I’ve read it. (Vampires/ PNR)
3. Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead. When I want a yummy YA read, this is my go-to book. I can’t get enough of Dmitri and Rose. The movie didn’t do it for me, but I still love the book! (YA PNR)
4. Hard Evidence (I-Team #2) by Pamela Clare. I love the I-Team series. They are well-written, the plots taken straight from the headlines. Of course, there are strong female leads and very yummy men. I think Julian is my favorite of the men. This is his and Tessa’s story. (Contemporary Romance/ Suspense)
5. Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5) by Ilona Andrews. I’m a huge fan of Kate and Curran. This was probably my favorite read in the series. I just couldn’t put it down. Kate has grown throughout the series, and Curran, well he never ceases to amaze me. I will be reading this series over and over again! (Urban Fantasy) Continue reading “Top Ten Tuesday Freebie”