Are you as excited about the release of Blade of Darkness as I am?? I love, love, love Dianne Duvall’s … Continue reading Is It Release Day Yet?
Title: Changing Moon
Series: Paranorm World #3
Author: June Stevens
Published: June 30th, 2016
Publisher: Crimson Tree Publishing
Genre: NA mature Paranormal Romance
Content Warning: Contains adult and sexual content
Recommended Age: 17+
A brutal attack has left Anya’s body and life forever changed.
The man she loved is gone, her relationship with her family is in tatters, and her future is dead. With the woman who attacked her still at large, her growing friendship with Luca is the one comfort keeping her sane.
Determined to take control of her life and her body, she finds her purpose to move forward… getting revenge.
Everything Anise by Natalie-Nicole Bates is now available for purchase! It’s a relatively short (51 page) F/F read. See below for details and buy links.
A Victorian-era vampire living in the modern world, Emigh Bennett’s favorite activity is watching people from the window of her little bookshop. When she spots a woman nearly killed on the street outside her shop, she rushes to her rescue, and she meets Anise.
The proprietress of a little home business called “Everything Anise”, Anise crafts one of a kind perfumes all with a touch of her namesake spice, all with the power to intoxicate and delight the senses. She is smart, sexy, beautiful, and happens to be a little bit different.
Although Anise is everything Emigh could ever ask for and more, she can’t quite figure her out. Anise possesses the duality of an innocent angel and a vivacious vixen. Even if Emigh can ever peel away the multi layers of Anise to uncover the truth beneath, what will happen when she finally reveals the truth about herself?
Author: Celia Breslin
Published: September 18th, 2015
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Content Warning: Graphic violence and adult sexual content
Recommended Age: 18+
Synopsis: British Alpha wolf Jake Marsden spends his days among humans, pursuing a lucrative music career and avoiding his pack’s politics. When his current DJ tour takes him to the US, he stops in Los Lobos to visit family, and runs into the one Wolf he never wants to see again—the mate who rejected his claim.
While visiting her brother in Los Lobos, free-spirited Lexi Luparell is shocked to encounter the Wolf she’d denied when they were teens. Now she must face her guilt for the cruel way she spurned him all those years ago, make amends, and admit the truth. Jake was right all along—they’re meant to mate.
Lexi would love to explore the mate concept and her overwhelming attraction to virile, Alpha Wolf Jake, but he wants nothing to do with her. How can she break down his defenses when she’s the reason he built them in the first place?
Jake dates only human women now. Lexi had her shot at being his mate, and she threw it away. But when her life is threatened, he may have to rethink his position and do whatever it takes to claim his one true mate.
Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday. I’ve tweaked this week’s topic just a bit. The Broke and the … Continue reading Top Ten Tuesday: Fall PNR TBR
This week’s theme for Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie—the blogger gets to choose the topic. I’ve been reading a lot of PNR lately so I wanted something along those lines. I checked out some of the lists on Goodreads and got my idea.
I’m doing a Top Ten of the Best Wolf/ Shifter Books that I’ve read (most of these, if not all, are going to be romance).
Be sure to stop by The Broke and the Bookish…see what others have chosen.
What are your thoughts? Have you read any of these?? (By the way, they are listed in no particular order.)
Top Ten Tuesday Wolf/ Shifter (Romance) Reads
- Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs. Mercy shifts into a coyote in this series. There are also a host of paranormal characters, too.
- Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong. In this series, Elena Michaels is a werewolf.
- Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews. Can’t skip over Curran, the mighty lion shifter!
- Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound #1) by Jennifer Ashley. Liam’s the shifter in this book, and wouldn’t you know I don’t remember his animal?? Someone help me out here, please 🙂 I want to say cats, but I’m not sure.
- How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf #1) by Molly Harper. This was very entertaining, and obviously, the title tells you the kind of shifter. LOL
- Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Creamer. More wolves in this one.
- Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters #1) by Dana Marie Bell. If you guessed bears, you’d be right!
- Crux (Southern Arcana #1) by Moira Rogers. Magic and shifters abound in this one. Great series if you haven’t checked it out.
- The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1) by Gena Showalter. Maddox isn’t technically a shifter, but he is filled with a demon. Hopefully that’s close enough to count!
- Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen #1) by Christina Dodd. Another wolf (I seem to like these!)
- Hotter after Midnight (Midnight #1) by Cynthia Eden. Colin’s a sexy wolf shifter.
- Moonlight (Moon #1) by Lisa Kessler. Adam’s one hot werewolf!
- Hakan/ Severin (Bayou Heat #11-12) by Alexandra Ivy. This whole series is hot…lots of puma shifters!
- Chosen by Fate (Para-Ops #2) by Virna DePaul. This has both vampires, wraiths, and werewolves.
- Claimed by the Wolf (Shadow Guardians #1) by Charlene Teglia. Lots of sups and shifters in this one.
- Megan’s Mark (Breeds #7) by Lora Leigh. Yummy cat shifters.
What is the measure of a good read? In my opinion, a book that sticks with you after you’ve finished it. This morning I finished reading Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians #6) by Dianne Duvall. The Immortal Guardian series is one of my absolute favorite PNR series. I always look forward to the next release (how soon is the next book coming out???). Shadows Strike is Ethan and Heather’s story. I have to say that I completely enjoyed it.
And, even though I finished the book, this afternoon I found myself thinking about the Immortal Guardians and their war against one Other in particular. I just loved how Ethan and Heather came together, and how Seth, David, Zach and the others battle huge numbers of vampires that were attacking military bases in an attempt to trigger World War III.
I wondered how the chicken dinner went with Heather’s father. She and Ethan dumped a lot of news on him in a short amount of time. I think he will truly welcome Ethan a son-in-law. Plus, I can’t wait for a demo from Heather *wink wink*
U.S. law enforcement agent Heather Lane can read minds. But not the future. The dream of battle and blood that recurs every night must be a fluke, some obscure terror from her own mind. What its significance might be, she can’t guess: an attack from seven psychotic vampires at once, only separated from nightmare by an eighth very different immortal. A handsome, brave man fighting at her side, a man she misses when she wakes. Continue reading “Awesome PNR Read: Shadows Strike”
Today, I spent the afternoon finishing Born of Defiance. I had to know how things were going to end up between Talyn and Felicia and almost more importantly, the Anatoles.
If you aren’t familiar, Born of Defiance is book #8 (according to Goodreads) in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s The League series. It’s a long book (over 500 pages) that I read fairly quickly.
Here’s the blurb:
Born an Outcast, Talyn Batur has spent the whole of his life fighting against the prejudice of his people. An Andarion without a father is not something anyone wants to be.
But when his companion’s brother draws him into a plot against the Andarion crown, he finds himself torn between the loyalty to their planetary government that his mother has beaten into him and his own beliefs of justice and right.
Now, he must decide for himself to remain a pawn of their government or to defy everything and everyone he’s ever known to stand up to tyranny. It’s a gamble that will either save his life or end it. And when old enemies align with new ones, it’s more than just his own life at risk. And more than just his homeworld that will end should he fail.
It took a bit of adjustment for me as I read…this book does not take place chronologically after the last one (Born of Fury). It was something that became very obvious at the end when Nyk came into the picture. That wasn’t an issue for me, I just had to get my brain in the correct perspective!
I really, really liked Talyn as a hero. He’s now one of my favorite characters in the series. He was so loyal, so much of a good person despite all the horrible atrocities that had been committed against him. No matter how poorly someone treated him, he always did the right thing. He was fiercely protective of his loved ones and constantly fought to make his life better. Continue reading “My Thoughts: Born of Defiance”
On Friday night, I stayed up late to finish reading J.R. Ward’s 13th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood, The Shadows. And yeah, I slept like crap after I finished it. You’ll find out why when you read below.
Before you read further, if you have not read The Shadows and plan to, know that SPOILERS ARE AHEAD.
Here’s the scoop on the Trez and iAm’s book:
Trez “Latimer” doesn’t really exist. And not just because the identity was created so that a Shadow could function in the underbelly of the human world. Sold by his parents to the Queen of the S’Hsibe as a child, Trez escaped the Territory and has been a pimp and an enforcer in Caldwell, NY for years- all the while on the run from a destiny of sexual servitude. He’s never had anyone he could totally rely on… except for his brother, iAm.
iAm’s sole goal has always been to keep his brother from self-destructing- and he knows he’s failed. It’s not until the Chosen Serena enters Trez’s life that the male begins to turn things around… but by then it’s too late. The pledge to mate the Queen’s daughter comes due and there is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, and no negotiating.
Trapped between his heart and a fate he never volunteered for, Trez must decide whether to endanger himself and others- or forever leave behind the female he’s in love with. But then an unimaginable tragedy strikes and changes everything. Staring out over an emotional abyss, Trez must find a reason to go on or risk losing himself and his soul forever. And iAm, in the name of brotherly love, is faced with making the ultimate sacrifice…
Now…to my disappointment. And the SPOILERS. Continue reading “The Shadows: Big Disappointment”
Ooh, it’s an open topic this week at The Broke and the Bookish. For this week’s list, we, the almighty blogger, get to pick the topic of our list. *rubs hands together* This is going to be fun!
I just sent an author friend a list of questions for an interview. One of those questions is inspiring my Top Ten list this week.
Here goes…If I was shipwrecked on a desert island, what ten books would I want with me? Of course, they will come through the wreck unscathed (no soggy pages or no cracked screen on the e-reader!).
Would any of these books make your desert island list? Let me know in the comments!
1. Zero to the Bone by Jane Seville. For some reason, this is one of my top M-M reads. I love the characters, the author’s writing style, and the plot. Not to mention the fact, I have an autographed copy of one of the cover designs. Oh, and it doesn’t hurt that the town where I live is mentioned in the book. Very cool! (M-M Romance)
2. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward. Even after reading all the BDB books to date (with the exception of The Shadows), her first book in the series is still my favorite. I have it in paperback, and it is nicely crumpled and wrinkled from the number of times I’ve read it. (Vampires/ PNR)
3. Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead. When I want a yummy YA read, this is my go-to book. I can’t get enough of Dmitri and Rose. The movie didn’t do it for me, but I still love the book! (YA PNR)
4. Hard Evidence (I-Team #2) by Pamela Clare. I love the I-Team series. They are well-written, the plots taken straight from the headlines. Of course, there are strong female leads and very yummy men. I think Julian is my favorite of the men. This is his and Tessa’s story. (Contemporary Romance/ Suspense)
5. Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5) by Ilona Andrews. I’m a huge fan of Kate and Curran. This was probably my favorite read in the series. I just couldn’t put it down. Kate has grown throughout the series, and Curran, well he never ceases to amaze me. I will be reading this series over and over again! (Urban Fantasy) Continue reading “Top Ten Tuesday Freebie”