Are you as excited about the release of Blade of Darkness as I am?? I love, love, love Dianne Duvall’s … Continue reading Is It Release Day Yet?
Title: Changing Moon
Series: Paranorm World #3
Author: June Stevens
Published: June 30th, 2016
Publisher: Crimson Tree Publishing
Genre: NA mature Paranormal Romance
Content Warning: Contains adult and sexual content
Recommended Age: 17+
A brutal attack has left Anya’s body and life forever changed.
The man she loved is gone, her relationship with her family is in tatters, and her future is dead. With the woman who attacked her still at large, her growing friendship with Luca is the one comfort keeping her sane.
Determined to take control of her life and her body, she finds her purpose to move forward… getting revenge.
Everything Anise by Natalie-Nicole Bates is now available for purchase! It’s a relatively short (51 page) F/F read. See below for details and buy links.
A Victorian-era vampire living in the modern world, Emigh Bennett’s favorite activity is watching people from the window of her little bookshop. When she spots a woman nearly killed on the street outside her shop, she rushes to her rescue, and she meets Anise.
The proprietress of a little home business called “Everything Anise”, Anise crafts one of a kind perfumes all with a touch of her namesake spice, all with the power to intoxicate and delight the senses. She is smart, sexy, beautiful, and happens to be a little bit different.
Although Anise is everything Emigh could ever ask for and more, she can’t quite figure her out. Anise possesses the duality of an innocent angel and a vivacious vixen. Even if Emigh can ever peel away the multi layers of Anise to uncover the truth beneath, what will happen when she finally reveals the truth about herself?
Author: Celia Breslin
Published: September 18th, 2015
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Content Warning: Graphic violence and adult sexual content
Recommended Age: 18+
Synopsis: British Alpha wolf Jake Marsden spends his days among humans, pursuing a lucrative music career and avoiding his pack’s politics. When his current DJ tour takes him to the US, he stops in Los Lobos to visit family, and runs into the one Wolf he never wants to see again—the mate who rejected his claim.
While visiting her brother in Los Lobos, free-spirited Lexi Luparell is shocked to encounter the Wolf she’d denied when they were teens. Now she must face her guilt for the cruel way she spurned him all those years ago, make amends, and admit the truth. Jake was right all along—they’re meant to mate.
Lexi would love to explore the mate concept and her overwhelming attraction to virile, Alpha Wolf Jake, but he wants nothing to do with her. How can she break down his defenses when she’s the reason he built them in the first place?
Jake dates only human women now. Lexi had her shot at being his mate, and she threw it away. But when her life is threatened, he may have to rethink his position and do whatever it takes to claim his one true mate.
Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday. I’ve tweaked this week’s topic just a bit. The Broke and the … Continue reading Top Ten Tuesday: Fall PNR TBR
This week’s theme for Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie—the blogger gets to choose the topic. I’ve been reading a lot of PNR lately so I wanted something along those lines. I checked out some of the lists on Goodreads and got my idea.
I’m doing a Top Ten of the Best Wolf/ Shifter Books that I’ve read (most of these, if not all, are going to be romance).
Be sure to stop by The Broke and the Bookish…see what others have chosen.
What are your thoughts? Have you read any of these?? (By the way, they are listed in no particular order.)
Top Ten Tuesday Wolf/ Shifter (Romance) Reads
- Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs. Mercy shifts into a coyote in this series. There are also a host of paranormal characters, too.
- Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong. In this series, Elena Michaels is a werewolf.
- Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews. Can’t skip over Curran, the mighty lion shifter!
- Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound #1) by Jennifer Ashley. Liam’s the shifter in this book, and wouldn’t you know I don’t remember his animal?? Someone help me out here, please 🙂 I want to say cats, but I’m not sure.
- How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf #1) by Molly Harper. This was very entertaining, and obviously, the title tells you the kind of shifter. LOL
- Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Creamer. More wolves in this one.
- Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters #1) by Dana Marie Bell. If you guessed bears, you’d be right!
- Crux (Southern Arcana #1) by Moira Rogers. Magic and shifters abound in this one. Great series if you haven’t checked it out.
- The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1) by Gena Showalter. Maddox isn’t technically a shifter, but he is filled with a demon. Hopefully that’s close enough to count!
- Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen #1) by Christina Dodd. Another wolf (I seem to like these!)
- Hotter after Midnight (Midnight #1) by Cynthia Eden. Colin’s a sexy wolf shifter.
- Moonlight (Moon #1) by Lisa Kessler. Adam’s one hot werewolf!
- Hakan/ Severin (Bayou Heat #11-12) by Alexandra Ivy. This whole series is hot…lots of puma shifters!
- Chosen by Fate (Para-Ops #2) by Virna DePaul. This has both vampires, wraiths, and werewolves.
- Claimed by the Wolf (Shadow Guardians #1) by Charlene Teglia. Lots of sups and shifters in this one.
- Megan’s Mark (Breeds #7) by Lora Leigh. Yummy cat shifters.
What is the measure of a good read? In my opinion, a book that sticks with you after you’ve finished it. This morning I finished reading Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians #6) by Dianne Duvall. The Immortal Guardian series is one of my absolute favorite PNR series. I always look forward to the next release (how soon is the next book coming out???). Shadows Strike is Ethan and Heather’s story. I have to say that I completely enjoyed it.
And, even though I finished the book, this afternoon I found myself thinking about the Immortal Guardians and their war against one Other in particular. I just loved how Ethan and Heather came together, and how Seth, David, Zach and the others battle huge numbers of vampires that were attacking military bases in an attempt to trigger World War III.
I wondered how the chicken dinner went with Heather’s father. She and Ethan dumped a lot of news on him in a short amount of time. I think he will truly welcome Ethan a son-in-law. Plus, I can’t wait for a demo from Heather *wink wink*
U.S. law enforcement agent Heather Lane can read minds. But not the future. The dream of battle and blood that recurs every night must be a fluke, some obscure terror from her own mind. What its significance might be, she can’t guess: an attack from seven psychotic vampires at once, only separated from nightmare by an eighth very different immortal. A handsome, brave man fighting at her side, a man she misses when she wakes. Continue reading “Awesome PNR Read: Shadows Strike”