Of late, I’ve had the urge to re-read some of my early m-m reads. This weekend I pulled out Sonoran Heat by Katrina Strauss. I initially read it in September 2010, and my rating then was 5 out of 5 stars.
I totally see why I awarded this read 5 stars. It just worked for me. This is the story of Tony and Josh. Tony is older, in his forties, and is recently single after his long term relationship with Richard ended (they had been together seventeen years). Josh is the young college art student, working his way through school at Mama Irene’s Diner.
The things that worked for me:
- Pretty much angst-free without any insta-love
- Good character development – I especially liked the details about Josh and his form of art
- The plot flowed and kept me interested
- Beautiful descriptions of the desert and scenery
- Some great dates between the two – dinner, the zoo, and a surprise trip to a ranch – loved the picnic while the guys watched the meteor shower (and of course what came after *wink*)
- Hot, hot sex scenes – woot woot!!
After reading it again, I stand by my 5 star rating! If you are looking for a sweet, yet sexy m-m romance, you need to check this one out!